Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What have you learned in Performing Arts this year?

As always, every year on May my Performing Arts students are given the opportunity to write down what they feel they've learned throughout the year and what is the most memorable thing from the course.

Here are some pictures :






About the Drama Club:

I'll keep on posting more pictures of this work, but I would like first to share with you one that according to my belief,  portraits all  the "behind the scenes" moments  in the Drama Club.
It is from a very dedicated and talented students of mine in grade 5, Victoria.
Let me transfer parts of what she says about me as her director and drama coach and the drama training for the musicals.:

"Mrs. Faye is a perfectionist, so we should too. She can help you, support you to whatever you do. When Mrs. Faye feels playful, SHE MIGHT HANG YOU UPSIDE DOWN, so be careful when she is around you! She also has a serious side at that can be good and bad. It is good if you want to sweat like crazy after doing and RE - doing the same routine/dance/exercise for billions and billions times. The bad thing is, if you get overly emotional easily, forget it - she might yell at you, but she means for the best of you, your friends, your partners and people you are working with. And I still remember the routine of "The smell of Rebellion"!
Mrs. Faye is the one of the only people in the world to open to me the world of music and performing arts.  She may be your best friend or the most stressful coach ever.
Thank you, Mrs. Faye for teaching us soo much!

I particularly like it because she is sincere and she completely comprehends that if we want to present a memorable show we will all experience a lot of stress and tiredness. All my Drama monkeys, though, know that a year of extreme practice and rehearsing will be awarded on the nights of the show and the love of our audience. And it is something that we all missed this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment